
Austin’s Art Shop
The Austin Family outside their shop at the East Main Street location, mid-1940s. From left to right: Mildred, Bill Jr., Joan, William, Jeannette, and
Home » Uncategorized » Page 11

The Austin Family outside their shop at the East Main Street location, mid-1940s. From left to right: Mildred, Bill Jr., Joan, William, Jeannette, and

The Silversteen Family’s Rosman Home, 1992 Before Silvermont was built in 1917, Joseph and Elizabeth Silversteen lived in a two-story house in Rosman. The distinctive

Carr’s Hill Baptist Church in 1993 Carr’s Hill Baptist church began in 1882. The congregation met at various locations in its beginnings as Dunn’s

Ikey and Ednamae Ayers’ Store as it appeared in the 1960s. Ayers Store was a treasured locale on Main Street for 52 years. Opened by

James “Jim” P. Aiken (1862-1909), a prominent Black businessman James P. Aiken (March 1, 1862 – August 25, 1909) was born into slavery in the

Lake Toxaway dam after breaking. Note the figures on top for scale. In July 1916 what is locally known as the Great Asheville Flood occurred.

The Toxaway Inn in its prime Lake Toxaway, named for the anglicized version of the Cherokee word for cardinal, is North Carolina’s largest private

1950 Annual Classic with Brevard High School Blue Devils and Tryon Tigers Cheerleaders This exuberant photo depicts Brevard High School cheerleaders on October 20,

Hattie Kitchen, dressed for the 1961 Centennial Although it looks like it could be from more than a century ago, this portrait of Hattie Kitchen

Scrapbook page showing ephemera from a 1955 Mathatasian Club fundraiser The E.O.T (Every Other Thursday) Book Club was organized in September 1915 with sixteen
212 S Gaston St, Brevard, NC 28712