Print your documents to the Library’s printers from any Internet-connected computer, tablet or smartphone.
Q. How do I use the new Mobile Printing Service?
A. Send your print job one of three ways:
1. Forward your email and attachments to:
2. Use the PrinterOn app on your tablet or smartphone.
3. Upload documents or web URL’s at the Mobile Printing Service website.
Q. I can’t come and pick up my print job today — can I come tomorrow?
A. Mobile print jobs will stay in the print queue for approximately 72 hours. If you are unable to come within a day of sending your job, please call the Reference Desk staff (828-884-3151, ext. 4) to ensure that you can get to the Library before your job expires. The Library is always closed on Sunday. Click here for Library Holiday closings.
Q. My boarding pass is a secure document. How do I print it using the Library’s Mobile Printing Service?
A. Some documents, like boarding passes, require you to log in to a website to access them. In these cases, mobile printing works differently. If you provide the URL (web address) of your boarding pass or other secure document, the printing service will be blocked because your login name and password are not known by the print system.
Instead, try one of the following:
1. If the website gives you an option to email the boarding pass to yourself, select that option. Then, forward the email to the black/white printer email address, email@example.com OR to the color printer email address, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If possible, save a copy of the boarding pass as a PDF file on your computer or device
Upload the PDF to the Library’s Mobile Printing Service website. OR
Email the PDF as an attachment to the black/white printer email address, email@example.com OR to the color printer email address, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email and attachment will be sent and show up in the print queue as two separate jobs — one for the email text and another for the attachment. You can choose to print both, or to just print your attachment.
3. Save a copy of the web page displaying the secure document. In your web browser, click ‘File>Save As>Web Archive, single file *.mht’, and save the web page to a location on your computer or device that you can browse to from the Library’s Mobile Printing Service from the “select document” box .
Q. I only want to print the first page of my document. How can I do that?
A. Documents sent to the printers via email or submitted through the Mobile Printing Service website will be printed in their entirety. Once sent, Library staff don’t have the option of printing only part of a print job. If you use the PrinterOn App, you can designate specific pages for printing before the job is sent.
Q. My map/directions pages won’t print when I put the URL in the box at “select document.”
A. For sites that have a long URL address– make sure that you have copied the ENTIRE URL from the browser into the box at “select document.” If the entire address isn’t pasted, the service doesn’t have the information it needs to carry out the print job correctly.
Q. I would like to print from NCLIVE or FLIPSTER. How can I do that?
A. If you are able to send an article to an email address, use the email address of the printer (above) to send your job. Resources that require a login to view material may present a challenge. Try to save the pages you want to print as a PDF to your computer or device. You should then be able to browse to that file using the “select document” box on the Library’s Mobile Printing Service page. Click here to access the Mobile Printing Service
If you are still having problems, don’t hesitate to give the Library staff a call at 828-884-3151 ext. 4. Remember you can ALWAYS come in and use the Library’s public computers to access pages, email, and attachments and print directly from the public computers if you are unable to get the Mobile Printing Service to work correctly. We are always happy to help! Just ask us.