- This event has passed.
Literary Pumpkin Decorating
October 21, 2019 - November 1, 2019
All Ages! Decorate your literary pumpkin at home and bring it to the Library to be on display! Pumpkins can be dropped off October 21-31, 2019.
Anyone who brings in a literary pumpkin will be entered into a drawing to win a gift certificate to Highland Books!
Literary Pumpkin Decorating Guidelines
- Your pumpkin can look like your favorite book character or resemble a literary theme from a book, such as your favorite scene or quote.
- No carved, cut, or pierced pumpkins will be accepted. Pumpkins must be decorated without carving, cutting, or poking holes. Include a plate or tray to catch any drips.
- For decorating, acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Spray paint can lead to rotten pumpkins. Yarn, construction paper, cloth, wigs, tape, paste, or glue can be used.
- Pumpkins will be on display in the Youth Services Area of the Library from October 21-31. The first day to drop off pumpkins is Monday October 21. The last day to drop off pumpkins is Thursday October 31.
- All participants will be entered into a drawing for a Highland Books gift certificate.
- All pumpkins must be picked up by November 2.
For more information, call the Youth Services desk at 828-884-3151 ext. 3 or email [email protected]