- This event has passed.
CANCELLED – Children’s Book Week Drop-In Activities
May 4, 2020
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until May 9, 2020
To support public health and help the slow the spread of Covid-19 (coronavirus), this program has been cancelled.
Children’s Book Week originated in 1919 with the belief that children’s books and literacy are life-changers. We’ll have drop-in activities all week long in the youth area of the Library. Stop by and tell us about your favorite children’s books and join us for all the fun!
Available Every Day (Monday May 4-Saturday May 9):
- Pete the Cat Flannel Board – Recreate your favorite stories or make up new ones
- “Books We Love” Interactive Book Display – Select your favorite children’s book from our shelves and put it on display for others to check out
- Book Character Scavenger Hunt – Search out different book characters hidden in the youth area of the Library (two levels available)
Book Character Dress-up Day & Where’s Spot? Craft (Tuesday May 5)
- Come see your librarians dressed up as book characters. You can dress-up as your favorite character, too!
- It’s Spot’s 40th anniversary! 2020 marks the 40th anniversary of Eric Hill’s book, Where’s Spot? Drop-in on May 5 to create a Spot party hat to celebrate.