- This event has passed.
Literary Pumpkin Decorating
October 3, 2016 - October 30, 2016
All Ages! All Month in October! Decorate your literary pumpkin at home and bring it to the Library to be on display!
Anyone who brings in a literary pumpkin will be entered into a drawing to win a gift certificate to Highland Books.
- Your pumpkin can look like your favorite book character or resemble a literary theme from a book such as your favorite scene or quote.
- No carved or cut pumpkins will be accepted. Pumpkins must be decorated without carving, cutting, or poking holes.
- Pumpkins are to be painted or colored with markers. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, cloth, wigs, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin (as long as they do not pierce the pumpkin). Tape, paste, or glue can be used if needed.
- Pumpkins will be on display in the Youth Services Area of the Library during the month of October. The first day to drop off pumpkins is Monday October 3. The last day to drop off pumpkins is Saturday October 29
- All pumpkins must be picked up by November 5.
For more information, call the Youth Services desk at 828-884-3151 ext. 3 or email [email protected]