TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY LIBRARY
FEE SCHEDULE effective July 1, 2022
- OVERDUE FINES
- There are no fines on Juvenile materials or materials checked out through the Student Access Program.
- $1 per day: overdue DVDs
- $.15 per day: overdue books, books on CD, music CDs, and kits
- $10 per item maximum overdue charge.
2. DAMAGE, LOSS, & REPLACEMENT CHARGES
- If a borrowed item is lost or damaged to the point it can no longer circulate, you are responsible for the original retail cost of the item, or the acquisition costs if a retail price is not included in the bibliographic record. If neither price is available, the following charges apply:
- $20 – Adult and Young Adult hardcover and trade paperback books
- $15 – Juvenile/Easy hard cover books
- $10 – Mass market paperbacks
- $15 – DVDs (single disc)
- $10/disc – multipart DVD or Audiobook sets
- Items with minor damage, or items with replacement parts available:
- $.15 – Missing, removed or damaged barcode or square RFID tag
- $.65 – Missing, removed or damaged DVD Stingray RFID sheet
- $2 – Missing, removed or damaged DVD, CD, audiobook or kit case
- Actual replacement cost – replacement part, if available (example: single disc in a multi-disc set.)
3. LIBRARY CARDS
- There is no charge for the first replacement library card.
- Charge $2.00 per card for the second and all subsequent replacement cards.
- Out of county cards, $30 per year. No restrictions on privileges.
4. COPIES & PRINTING
- $.10 per page: Black & white printing and photocopies
- $.25 per page: Color printing and photocopies