- This event has passed.
June 19, 2017 @ 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm
LEGOmania has a new format this year! NOT a competition but a chance to dream big and show-off what you can do!Guest viewers welcome. All ages.
ALL participants will receive a prize, thanks to O.P. Taylors toys!
MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE.
Drop-Off: Saturday, June 17, 2017, 2:005:00 pm
Bring assembled model during the drop-off time to give adequate time for registration/set-up
Expo: Monday, June 19, 2017, 6:007:00 pm
Come talk about your creation, see what others have made, and receive your participation prize
At the Expo:
· Show-and-Tell about your creation
· View others creations & comment even if you didnt build one
· Snacks & drinks provided
Theme: Dream Home
What would your dream home look like? Is it set in the past, the present, or the future? Who lives there and what do they do? Let your imagination run wild as you create the world you want!
LEGOmania Expo Guidelines:
- Not a competition This is a chance to dream big & show-off what you can do!
- You MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE in person at the Youth Services Desk at the Library, or by phone call or email (see contact info below)
- Construct your LEGO model at home and bring the assembled model to the Library during drop-off between 2-5 pm Saturday, June 17 at the Librarys Rogow Room. This ensures all models can be on display promptly at 6 pm at the Expo on the following Monday
- Come to the Expo on Monday, June 19 from 6-7 pm to show-and-tell about your creation. Please stay during the entire Expo time
- All creations must be picked up after the Expo ends on June 19 at 7:00 pm. We do not have space for storage!
- All creations will appear in our digital showcase through the Library websites Kids page and Facebook page
LEGOmania Construction Guidelines
- Work alone, or with friends and/or family
- All ages welcome
- All models must relate to the theme
- Create an original design, not just a model built according to someone elses design.
The more creative the better!
- Model footprint should be no larger than 2 feet square. Place model on a base sturdy enough to be easily transportable
Transylvania County Library
212 South Gaston Street | Brevard, NC 28712
(828) 884-3151 ext. 3