For Children Ages Birth to 2 years and their Caregivers
Research shows that talking, singing, reading, writing, and playing with your young child jump-starts your child’s communication and pre-reading skills.
Join the Program
Each day, you and your child read for just 10 minutes and complete one of our suggested early literacy activities to earn prizes like toys and a board book!
Do fun activities like scribbling, dancing, walk & talks, and pretend play to earn prizes
Earn Prizes for reading & completing literacy activities with your child
5 activities + 5 days of reading = crayons
10 activities + 10 days of reading= rubber ducky
15 activities + 15 days of reading= set of maracas
20 activities + 20 days of reading= brand new board book
How It Works:
- Registration begins June 7th, 2018. Last day to pick up prizes is August 22nd.
- You must come to the library to pick up a literacy log.
- Every day, complete one early literacy activity from the back of this log and read to your child at least 10 minutes per day.
- It’s FREE to participate.
- Don’t miss our Hullabaloo! early literacy storytimes throughout the summer! See our calendar or ask a Youth Services staff member about times and details.