TRANSYLVANIA COUNTY LIBRARY
FEE SCHEDULE effective July 1, 2020
- OVERDUE FINES
- There are no fines assessed on Juvenile materials.
- All books, books on tape, books on CD, music cassettes, CDs, and kits, .15 per day per item. $10 per item maximum fine.
- DVDs — $1.00 per day. $10.00 per DVD maximum.
- Laptop computers are checked out for use inside the Library. Late return charges for the laptops are $5.00 per hour.
- INTERLIBRARY LOAN
- Patron pays actual postage costs one-way.
- Overdue fines .50 per day per item. No maximum fine.
- Replacement costs set by lending library.
3. DAMAGE, LOSS, & REPLACEMENT CHARGES
- If a borrowed item is lost or damaged to the point it can no longer circulate, the patron pays replacement costs equal to the retail cost of the item, or the acquisition costs if a retail price is not included in the bibliographic record. If neither price is available, the following charges apply:
- $20 – Adult and Young Adult hardcover and trade paperback books
- $15 – Juvenile/Easy hard cover books
- $10 – Mass market paperbacks
- $15 – DVDs (single disc)
- $10/disc – multipart DVD or Audiobook sets
- Items with minor damage, or items with replacement parts available:
- $.15 – Missing, removed or damaged barcode or square RFID tag
- $.65 – Missing, removed or damaged DVD Stingray RFID sheet
- $2 – Missing, removed or damaged DVD, CD, audiobook or kit case
- Actual replacement cost – replacement part, if available (example: single disc in a multi-DVD set.)
- LIBRARY CARDS
- There is no charge for the first replacement library card.
- Charge $2.00 per card for the second and all subsequent replacement cards.
- Out of county cards, $30 per year. No restrictions on privileges.
- Photocopies and copies from microform, 15¢ per copy.
- Printing from computers/Internet, 10¢ per page.
- Color printing from computers/Internet, 25¢ per page.
- Color photocopies, 50¢ per page.