Literary Pumpkin Decorating
October 19 - October 29
All Ages! Decorate your literary pumpkin at home and bring it to the Library to be on display! Pumpkins can be dropped off October 19-29, 2020.
Anyone who brings in a literary pumpkin will be entered into a drawing to win a gift certificate to Highland Books!
Literary Pumpkin Decorating Guidelines
- Your pumpkin can look like your favorite book character or resemble a literary theme from a book, such as your favorite scene or quote.
- No carved, cut, or pierced pumpkins will be accepted. Pumpkins must be decorated without carving, cutting, or poking holes. Include a plate or tray to catch any drips.
- For decorating, acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Spray paint can lead to rotten pumpkins. Yarn, construction paper, cloth, wigs, tape, paste, or glue can be used.
- Pumpkins will be on display in the Youth Services Area of the Library October 19-29. The first day to drop off pumpkins is Monday, October 19. The last day to drop off pumpkins is Thursday, October 29.
- All participants will be entered into a drawing for a Highland Books gift certificate.
- All pumpkins must be picked up by Monday, November 2.
For more information, call the Youth Services desk at 828-884-3151 ext. 3 or email email@example.com.