- This event has passed.
Literary Pumpkin Decorating
October 15, 2018 - November 1, 2018
All Ages! Decorate your literary pumpkin at home and bring it to the Library to be on display! Pumpkins can be dropped off October 15-31, 2018.
Anyone who brings in a literary pumpkin will be entered into a drawing to win a gift certificate to Highland Books!
- Your pumpkin can look like your favorite book character or resemble a literary theme from a book such as your favorite scene or quote.
- No carved or cut pumpkins will be accepted. Pumpkins must be decorated without carving, cutting, or poking holes.
- Pumpkins are to be painted or colored with markers. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, cloth, wigs, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin (as long as they do not pierce the pumpkin). Tape, paste, or glue can be used if needed.
- Pumpkins will be on display in the Youth Services Area of the Library. The first day to drop off pumpkins is Monday October 15. The last day to drop off pumpkins is Wednesday October 31.
- All pumpkins must be picked up by Saturday November 3.
For more information, call the Youth Services desk at 828-884-3151 ext. 3 or email [email protected]