UPDATE January 15, 2021: The library is OPEN with limited hours and services. Because the number of people allowed in the building at once is limited, we encourage quick visits.
- Effective May 21, 2020, checkout periods are 1 week for DVDs, 2 weeks for new books, and three weeks for everything else. Borrowed materials automatically renew up to three times, unless someone else has requested the item. Learn more.
- Outdoor book returns are open. Returns must be placed in the outdoor bookdrops, not returned inside.
- Returned items are currently quarantined before being checked in. During that time, your online account will still say that you have them. Don’t worry; any fines that accrue during the quarantine period will be automatically removed upon check-in.
- The library’s wifi can be used from vehicles and public spaces near the building. It is available from 7am to 11pm, even when the library is closed.
- The Friends of the Library are NOT currently accepting donations of books, music and movies.
While you are home, please enjoy our digital library:
- Explore thousands of eBooks or audiobooks from the NC Digital Library or Hoopla directly from your mobile device, tablet or computer.
- Borrow kids ebooks and audiobooks from the NC Kids Digital Library or experience animated, talking picture books from Tumblebooks.
- Try an online art or craft class using Creativebug.
- Watch an independent film or classic movie with Kanopy.
- Get one-on-one homework help online with Tutor.com.
- Learn a new language with Transparent Languages.
- And much, much more! To explore all our online resources, click here.
Most of these resources require a library card and PIN/password to access. If you do not know your PIN, it is most likely the last four digits of your card number. If that does not work, grab your library card and call us.