July 6, 2020: The library is OPEN with regular hours and limited services. Because the number of people allowed in the building at once is limited, we encourage quick visits.
- Effective May 21, checkout periods are 1 week for DVDs, 2 weeks for new books, and three weeks for everything else. Borrowed materials automatically renew up to three times, unless someone else has requested the item. Learn more.
- Outdoor book returns are open. Returns must be placed in the outdoor bookdrops, not returned inside.
- Returned items are currently quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in. During that time, your online account will still say that you have them. Don’t worry; any fines that accrue during the quarantine period will be automatically removed upon check-in.
- The library’s wifi can be used from vehicles and public spaces near the building. It is available from 7am to 11pm, even when the library is closed.
- The Friends of the Library are currently accepting donations of books, music and movies. We are currently only able to accept donations on Mondays and Thursdays from 10am to 2pm.
While you are home, please enjoy our digital library:
- Explore thousands of eBooks or audiobooks from the NC Digital Library or Hoopla directly from your mobile device, tablet or computer.
- Borrow kids ebooks and audiobooks from the NC Kids Digital Library or experience animated, talking picture books from Tumblebooks.
- Read magazines using Flipster or the NC Digital Library.
- Get one-on-one homework help online with Tutor.com
- Stream movies and television from ACORNtv or Indieflix, or expand your mind with The Great Courses, all available via RB Digital.
- Learn a new language with Mango Languages.
- Pick up a new skill with Universal Class, or one of our other online resources.
Most of these resources require a library card and PIN/password to access. If you do not know your PIN, it is most likely the last four digits of your card number. If that does not work, grab your library card and call us.