Library cards are available at no charge to those who reside, own property, work or attend school in Transylvania County. Others might be eligible for a non-resident card with an annual fee. A library card or official photo ID must be presented to borrow materials.
Check Out Limits
There is not a checkout limit for books, DVDs, Audiobooks, or Music CDs.
Student Access cards have a 5 item checkout limit.
Special checkout and return policies apply for the Batty for Books kits.
- NEW Books — 14 days
- Books, Audiobooks, CDs & all kits — 21 days
- DVDs — 7 days
- Bookmobile items — 30 days
- All eligible material will AUTO RENEW is there are not holds on the item — (Up to three times)
- Books, CDs and audiobooks may be renewed three times if they are not on hold.
- DVDs may be renewed three times if not on hold.
- Batty for Books kits may NOT be renewed.
- Adult and Young Adult books and audiobooks: $.15 per day
- DVDs: $1.00 per day
- Children’s materials (books, audiobooks, DVDs & kits): No overdue fines
- Student Access cards: No overdue fines for any material checked out.
If an account balance exceeds $25, all borrowing privileges are blocked including use of the public computers. Please refer to the Library’s Fines & Fees schedule for a complete list of replacement costs and other fees.
Return borrowed materials inside the library at the Circulation Desk or outside in the book returns. Special checkout and return policies apply for the Batty for Books kits.
Please do not put money for fines in book pockets or audio-visual cases.