Register for summer reading and earn a couple of free paperback books to keep and a chance to win one of two Kindles—Kindle Fire 7 (8 GB) and Kindle Fire HD 8 (32 GB)
To get started, you’ll need to register and pick up a reading log at the youth services desk in the library. Once you have your log just keep track of the number of days that you read over the whole summer. Registration begins June 7th and ends August 22nd.
Please click here for a printable calendar for June/July teen events.
To learn about more events at the Library, click here.
You can start earning prizes after 7 days of reading:
For every 7 days of reading you get an entry into our end-of-summer drawing for a new Kindle Fire!
7 Days — one entry in drawing
14 Days — one entry in drawing
21 Days — one entry in drawing
28 Days — one entry in drawing
35 Days — one entry in drawing & your choice of a new paperback book
42 Days — one entry in drawing & your choice of a new paperback book
49 Days — one entry in drawing & your name in an Honorary Library Book
Here’s How it Works:
- Registration begins June 7, 2018. Last day for entries/prize pick-up is August 22, 2018.
- You must come to the Library and register at the Youth Services desk.
- Read at least 20 minutes per day.
- Read anything you like — books, magazines, newspapers, comic books, etc. in any form you like: book, e-reader, phone, tablet, laptop, etc.
- It is FREE to participate.
- The Teen Summer Reading Program is for ages 12-18 only.
- Drawing for the Kindle Fire will take place on August 23, 2018.