All Ages! Decorate your literary pumpkin at home and bring it to the Library to be on display! Pumpkins can be dropped off October 16-31, 2017.
Anyone who brings in a literary pumpkin will be entered into a drawing to win a gift certificate to Highland Books!
- Your pumpkin can look like your favorite book character or resemble a literary theme from a book such as your favorite scene or quote.
- No carved or cut pumpkins will be accepted. Pumpkins must be decorated without carving, cutting, or poking holes.
- Pumpkins are to be painted or colored with markers. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, cloth, wigs, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin (as long as they do not pierce the pumpkin). Tape, paste, or glue can be used if needed.
- Pumpkins will be on display in the Youth Services Area of the Library. The first day to drop off pumpkins is Monday October 16. The last day to drop off pumpkins is Tuesday October 31.
- All pumpkins must be picked up by Saturday November 4.
For more information, call the Youth Services desk at 828-884-3151 ext. 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of every month for an hour of drawing, sketching, doodling, coloring, or whatever you like to create. Share your work and techniques with other teens or create at the club.
The Library has basic pencils, colored pencils, and paper or bring your own supplies. We also have books to help you get inspired! No registration is necessary.
When: 2nd & 4th Mondays of the month from 4:00pm to 5:00pm
Where: Youth Services Area of Library
Who: Teens ages 13-18
In this animated feature, a young girl must go on an adventure across an ocean to save her people from a curse. She makes new friends while facing danger along the way. This FREE program is made possible by the Friends of the Library. RATED: PG Genres: Family, Adventure Bring along some snacks if you wish; we’ll have popcorn.